I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1.25" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue.
After his coat was was dry, I gave the entire figure a wash with Citadel "Agrax Earthshade" wash using a wet brush. When the wash was dry, I drybrushed his coat with the "Bleached Sand". Next, I painted his muzzle and eye sockets with Black, and then applied some thinned Black to the outside of his ears.
When I was done painting the figure, I used some white glue to glue a little sand to the base. When this was dry, I painted the sand and the figure's own base with Black. When the Black was dry, I drybrushed the bases with some of the "Neutral Grey", and then some Americana "Dove Grey".
I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave him a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor's Dullcote".
|Here he is already pressed into service in a Frostgrave game we had on Saturday.|